Saturday, November 15, 2008

TURKEY..TURKEY..MORE TURKEY

It is 11:00 p.m. and I am getting a little sleepy so I will postpone my cooking until tom. after church. I have de-boned that turkey down to its bare bones. Before I call it a night I will make turkey broth for soup tom.

you will need:
turkey bones, meat
onion
carrots
celery
salt pepper


Add turkey,carrots,celery, onion into crock pot pour cold water and set on low.



Overnight slow cooked broth. I just need to remove all those FAT!YUK! But this is one yummy broth since it is homemade you know what you put in it and it is fresh. Skim off all the fat, remove the meat from the bone and use on recipes that ask for chicken broth. If you have left overs like I do you can freeze the warm broth in baggies or use an ice cube tray.

No comments: