Wednesday, November 5, 2008

DINNER IS IN THE PANTRY


Last night I got off work at a pretty decent time. I went and dropped my "ballot" yeah! I voted...did you? When I came home I looked into the pantry and I was not that satisfied with what I saw. Going to the store was not an option so I had to get creative! Let me see I have spaghetti noodles..OK..I have cream of mushroom..OK..I have frozen spinach..OK..my mind is already getting creative..

Pantry dinner
  • spaghetti noodles - whatever noodles you have on hand would work
  • cream of mushroom - or cream of choice
  • frozen spinach - or any type vegetable fresh/frozen
  • meat - meat of choice
  1. If using spaghetti noodles break noodles in half and boil. Boil noodles to desired tenderness. Drain cooked noodles and set aside.
  2. Saute meat of choice in butter and add frozen spinach cover and let the steam defrost the frozen spinach
  3. Open cream of mushroom and add to the meat/spinach mixture. If can ask for cup of water use 1/3 cup of milk instead. Bring to a slow boil.
  4. Add noodles to the meat and stir well
Enjoy! This meal turned out pretty well and even if my children did not enjoy eating spinach they ate this dish

No comments: