Wednesday, November 12, 2008

IN THE MOOD FOR MUSSELS

I was in the mood for Mussels. My intention was to cook the mussels in coconut milk but my taste buds stirred another direction when I began to start my cooking. My mussels in coconut milk became mussels with ginger and onion in spicy misu sauce.
  1. box mussels (fully cooked)
  2. ginger (thinly sliced)
  3. green onion (3-4 stalks thinly sliced)
  4. miso of choice (dark, mild)
  5. miso hot (fermented hot pepper paste)
  6. chili sauce of choice
This recipe just came to my head and I am not the measure type of cook I measure thru guessing. You can add more or less on this recipe. Since you will be using miso in this dish YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE SALT. This is a very simple dish. The mussels are fully cooked so basically all you need to do is:
  1. Using a frying pan heat 2-3 T. oil of choice (vegetable or olive)
  2. Add sliced ginger till fragrant
  3. Add green onion
  4. Add mussels
  5. Add both type of miso and cover the pan. Make the steam heat the mussels and dissolve the miso. Continue to stir. Taste. If the miso does not make the dish salty enough for you then add salt/pepper. Add chili sauce and serve.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Para i familiaku said...

OMG! This looks so DELICIOUS! I have mussels and miso at home, I only need ginger and I can make it! WOOHOO!

Also, the photo is georgeous!