Saturday, November 15, 2008

TURKEY..TURKEY..MORE TURKEY

It is that time of the month again. Clip coupons, shop on a budget and cook for a month. I bought my 25pound turkey on Thursday and it was ready for me to clean,cut,cook. I never knew that turkey had alot of fat!Yuk!As I was cleaning my gobble..gobble..I just could not believe of all that fat I threw away! For dinner I used 1/2 of a thigh meat and stir fried w/broccoli,carrots,celery. Here is how I distributed my 25pounder...
  • Turkey w/veggies-
1/2 of one turkey thigh meat (cubed)
1 large bag of frozen broccoli
4 stalks celery (cleaned,sliced horizontally)
2 carrots (cleaned, sliced horizontally)
1/4 of an onion
1T. sesame oil
salt & pepper to taste
Heat your frying pan add 1T. salad oil and stir fry the onion,celery,1/2 bag of frozen broccoli until color changes and still crisp. Set aside. With the same pan add 1t. oil, dark turkey meat stir until color changes and cover. Let the steam cook the turkey. Cook for 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your turkey. Halfway thru add the remaining 1/2 fr
ozen broccoli cover. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Season to taste and add 1T. sesame oil for flavor. Enjoy!



1. Stir fry your veggies (set aside)


2. Using the same pan stir fry your turkey

3. Enjoy!


No comments: