Wednesday, December 31, 2008

FRENCH TOAST

This morning I wanted to get a little creative with my french toast. Instead of the traditional grilling of the french toast I baked it between two layers I added chocolate chips and topped the topping off with pancake batter. How did my concoction turn out? Well to me it was between bread pudding and french toast. It was ok nothing fancy but my kids enjoyed them and they even requested to have the same menu for breakfast New Year's morning.



Bob's French Toast
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 1/4 c. whipping cream
  • 1 can condensed milk
  • 1 T. vanilla
  • chocolate chips -measure to your liking
  • 8 slices of bread -more or less may be needed depending on your pan size
  • pancake batter
mix all the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Grease your baking pan or whatever pan you will be using. (If your batter looks to thick for you add milk to thin it to your consistency). Coat your bread with the sweet batter and layer on your pan. Before you proceed with the second layer add the chocolate chips this will eventually melt during baking creating a sweet chocolate filling. Coat your bread again and layer them over your chocolate chip. Once you are done make a simple pancake batter and pour over the bread mixture. Bake @ 350 degree for 20-25 minutes or until your pancake turns golden brown. Serve with or without whipped cream or chocolate sauce. I enjoy it as is but my boys love the extra topping

No comments: