Saturday, December 27, 2008

GET CREATIVE


(my boys enjoyed this soup)

I was getting tired of the same ham over and over again that I had to get creative again to make another meal that included ham. I had all the ingredients to make soup. I love making soup it is very satisfying.

Simple ham soup
  • 3 potatoes- cubed to preferred size
  • 2 celery stalks - cut to preference
  • 2 carrots - cut to preference
  • 4 c. water or chicken stock
  • 1 T. butter
  • 1/2 c. heavy cream
  • 1/2 broccoli florets
  • 1 stalk green onion sliced thinly
  1. Saute cubed potatoes in butter
  2. Add 1/4 c. water to pot (this prevents the potatoes from sticking to the pan)
  3. Cook over medium heat until the potatoes are slightly tender but still firm
  4. Add carrots, broccoli, celery & green onion
  5. Cook until tender but still firm
  6. Add remaining water
  7. Cook to a slight boil
  8. Add salt & pepper to taste
  9. Add cream
  10. If you prefer a thicker soup mix. 2 T. flour & water
  11. Add into soup and stir until the soup thickens

* I am not in favor of measuring as I believe that we all should cater to our own taste & flavor. I am also not in favor of following measurements unless otherwise stated*

No comments: