Saturday, January 10, 2009

Crabmeat Ravioli

Last night I went to my boss farewell dinner I brought my boys with me and when I viewed the menu I could only afford to order one plate and have my boys all share. My boss was kind enough to share her seafood ravioli with me and I ended up sharing them with my boys. I can still remember my dad making sure that we had our fills so for me to savor every morsel of that yummy ravioli was just not right

My recreation of last nights seafood ravioli
  • store bought frozen cheese ravioli
  • one package crabmeat -not imitation
  • butter -2 T
  • salt/pepper
  • mozzarella cheese -1/4 shredded -cubed
  • 3 T flour and water mixed to a smooth runny paste
steps as follows:
  1. Boil ravioli as directed, drain and arrange neatly on serving plate
  2. Arrange crabmeat on serving plate anyway you like
  3. Arrange slices or shreds of mozzarella on serving plate anyway you like
make white sauce as follows:
  1. Slow simmer milk in low heat
  2. When you start to notice the milk starting to slow boil add mozzarella cheese stir slowly to make sure the cheese melt
  3. Add butter
  4. Season lightly with salt & pepper keeping in mind mozzarella cheese is salty
  5. Mix flour and water to make a smooth but runny paste and slowly pour to milk mixture continue stirring to ensure a smooth not lumpy sauce once the sauce thickens turn off heat and pour sauce on ravioli plate
Serve and enjoy




No comments: