Monday, October 27, 2008

MOM WHAT'S FOR DINNER

Does this sound so familiar??? Mom...what's for dinner? As I look inside the fridge I found carrots, potato, garlic, and chicken..walla...let me roast this! 1 1/2 later @ 350 degrees dinner is ready...


hum....wait a minute I have extra bread..1/4 loaf sweet bread 1/3 whole wheat 1 loaf french bread...I can make bread pudding...
  • cube all your bread into same size
  • 1 T. vanilla
  • 2 egg
  • milk approx. 1/3 cup
  • shredded coconut *optional
  • 1 can 14 oz. condensed milk- set aside
  • 1 can 14 oz. coconut milk
place cubed bread in bowl and add all the ingredients except condensed milk. grease pan. Add bread mixture. Pour condensed milk over bread mixture and spread evenly sprinkle w/shredded coconut and bake @ 350 for an hour

*on a side note I don't use measuring cup/spoon I measure until I am satisfied and omit when needed*
This is the unfinished product.....(before it is cooked)
Finished product..all it needs is a warm-kah lua cream sauce...YUMMY!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE all that food in the pantry! They can sure be therapeutic!