Wednesday, October 29, 2008

CAPT. BEN'S STUFF CRAB


On my lunch I walked to Goodwill. I did not pack a lunch sack so I depended on my frozen lunch in the freezer or my soup cans @ my works pantry. I did not cheat this morning with coffee because I did not want to pay myself and I had coffee at work. Anyways while I was cruising the aisle in Goodwill I came across ceramic crab shells. It reminded me of stuffed crabs back in Saipan. I never got to learn how to make them so I will attempt to make my version of stuffed crab.This recipe is very simple and easy to make. You don't deal with the actual cleaning and picking of the crab meat. It took me less than 30 to prep. & serve this meal.

Capt. Ben's stuff crab:
  1. 16 oz. can Phillips Crab meat
  2. 16 oz. can coconut milk
  3. 2 T. butter *use more/less your preference
  4. salt/pepper
  5. 3-4 T. cornstarch
  6. 4-5 T. water
Open crab meat and dump all the contents of the can into a bowl. Add in 3/4 of coconut milk and 1 T. melted butter *optional Set aside. Set oven to 400 degrees grease your ramekins and place by spoon full the crab meat into your ramekins. You will need a sheet pan place your ramekins on your sheet pan. Slowly open your oven and pull out the rack half way place your cookie sheet on the rack and slowly add hot water enough to cover 1/2 of the sheet pan .Bake @ 400 degrees set your timer for 10 minutes . While waiting slowly melt the remaining 1 T. butter and add the 3/4 of coconut milk bring to a boil. Mix 3-4 T. cornstarch with 4-5 T. water slowly add the cornstarch mixture to coconut milk and stir constantly as the cornstarch will thicken fast. Set aside. Your minutes should be up by now. Slowly open your oven and take out the sheet pan out and spoon the sauce on top of your crab. Place it on the highest rack and broil for another 3-5 minutes or until you see the sauce boiling
Enjoy!

Stuffed crab yummy! You can bake this as is without the sauce. My daughter and son love it without the sauce

Coconut sauce added to the stuffed crab. I love it this way. Either way I am sure you will enjoy it

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YUMMY!
This looks so nice! I think those crab containers were meant for you!