Saturday, September 12, 2009

Twice cooked mussels ; )


After coming home late from work on a Friday evening I had to cook something quick & very inexpensive. As I opened my fridge I noticed I had a bag of mussels. Knowing the mussels give out a very strong fishy odor when cooking I decided to boil them first.

You will need:
  • I bag mussels
  • ginger (sliced)
  • onion
  • kimchee base
  • jalapeno peppers
  • butter & lot's of it ; )
Steps:
  1. Boil mussels (drain & set aside)
  2. heat pan and add butter
  3. add onion & garlic
  4. add mussels
  5. salt/pepper to taste
  6. add more butter (to your liking)
  7. when heated thru add kimchee base
  8. add jalapeno
  9. Enjoy
I don't use measurements and I don't think anyone should. Using measuring cups & spoons to me is like just plain old "BORING" "STRAIGHT" & does not cater to my taste buds. So honey when you cook, cook to your hearts content ; )

No comments: